Pages

Thursday 23 September 2010

Roland Mouret







Roland Mouret is one of my favourite fashion designers. His garments are truly beautiful. I love his experimental way of pattern cutting and draping his wear. He seems to do it with such simplicity and attention to detail. Using folds, darts and uneven lines he manages to produce exciting shapes and constructions which are flattering and remain wearable. (photos courtesy of style.com)

The galaxy dress style (pictured in the first image) is one of my favourites and i'm hoping to make up a dress for a good friend of mine in a similar style. The dress will be for her son's wedding later this year and i've drafted a pattern using her measurements and made the first toile! The photo below shows the toile without the cap sleeves sewn on. I can't wait for the first fitting! i'm hoping there won't be too many major changes to make.



I'll be posting about how this dress goes and asking for feedback too- I have a few months to complete it, but what with probably having a couple more fittings to do and sewing up for the winter collection there won't be much time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails