Here are pics of an apron remake I underwent when I made a major mistake when making up a maternity dress. I happen to find a great free tunic pattern (E971) on the Burda World of Fashion website which had a simple rounded yoke and a easy fitting bodice area- perfect for my ever growing bump. I made quite a few of these dresses, mainly using jersey fabric but I wanted to try a version using a lovely navy and white dotted fabric I had bought from a nearby fabric shop. However I made a major mistake when cutting out the fabric and alas when I went back to see if they had any more- they were sold out!
Anyway (like many unfinished projects I have), I placed all the remaining pattern pieces I had cut into my fabric cupboard until very recently. I still really loved this fabric so I decided to make an apron and a nice little skirt for Niah, and here are the results.
Niah's skirt was a really simple rectangle shape which has been gathered at the top with elastic.
I included little square pockets with a mini gather at the middle and bias bound the top with plain navy linen. I love how you don't need very much fabric in order to make a nice simple piece of clothing for your little one. I'm hoping to use up some of the smaller pieces of nice fabric I have on clothes for Niah. My apron was also a very simple rectangle shape, with triangular box pleat pockets.